Sunday, May 18, 2014


Update on 11.05.2014 -18.05.2014 week




As far as I understand the project by now, I can divide it into following tasks:

Task 1:

Currently XML is read and UI is rendered using UIGenerator class. I have to do it using
the same flow(with minimal affect to existing code) and read a JSON to render a similar UI.

So I am looking at the governance. generic and governance. generic.ui classes. Now I am getting much familiar with code and I would like to know whether these are the relevent code segments I am referring at the moment.
First I hope to create and test new Java classes to replace Util ,GenericArtifactsUtil and Manage GenericArtifactsService to do novel changes without breaking the current model.
As a milestone I will try to plug JSON based rxt to existing model and validate and parse it within 2 weeks time.
For now it is the main thing I am working on.

Task 2:
Drag and Drop UI

I have run the G-Reg product and did some experiments on how to create new artifacts.
In the existing system user has to create the XML file according to his requirements and upload it in order to configure new artifact. User has to be familiar with coding in order to make use of this system.
After looking at artifact configuration XML files I got an idea on a general artifact structure.
If drag and drop UI is implemented what is going to be drag drop elements and what is going to be required information.
I designed simple UI for that drag drop UI interface and it's elements and still I am searching for some kind of drag and drop UI framework with Apache version 2.0 license to cater this, where user doesn't need to be much familiar with coding.

http://aribaweb.org/Home.htm seems somewhat relevant to it but I still go through its documentation and demos and not having an exact idea on its usability for this project.

I hope it would be better if I get to know any of such drag drop UI component available in WSO2 carbon and some people working in those areas to get some guidance. I will carry on searching about this in between task 1.

Task 3:


Create the JSON using a UI template which we construct using drag and drop sort of UI.
For this task I have to first look upon task 2. So I am not going to search more about it since it mostly depend on how I going to enhance user experience through task 2.


Also I understand how to build the individual components and finally how the whole product is built in order to create wso2greg-4.6.0.zip. That is what we run as the product in the browser. I was new to ubuntu and now I am gradually getting familiar with it. To understand the code and it's functionality I have to get familiar with remote debugging.

Remote debugging:

To start Carbon server with remote debugging enabled type:

./wso2server.sh -debug 5005

in the terminal.
before enter Create debug pointer in code and configure a new debug window. Then enter the above command and start debugging.


I hope the knowledge and the understanding I got within last weeks about WSO2 Carbon, XML to JSON conversion and JSON parsing and validation would help me to fulfill tasks, with not much difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment